Research programme: anti-infectives - AthelasAlternative Names: ATH 18534
Latest Information Update: 19 Jan 2011
At a glance
- Originator Athelas
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 21 Aug 2006 Athelas has been acquired by MerLion Pharmaceuticals
- 08 Feb 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in Singapore (unspecified route)
- 08 Feb 2006 A drug discovery and research collaboration between Athelas and MerLion Pharmaceuticals has concluded