Research programme: antibacterials - MerLion/VernalisAlternative Names: Antibacterials research programme - MerLion/Vernalis
Latest Information Update: 06 Feb 2005
At a glance
- Originator MerLion Pharmaceuticals; Vernalis
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in Singapore (unspecified route)
- 14 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 03 Oct 2003 Vernalis Group has merged with British Biotech to form Vernalis