Research programme: protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitors - SunesisAlternative Names: Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitors research programme – Sunesis; PTP-1B inhibitors research programme – Sunesis; Type-2 diabetes therapeutics research programme - Sunesis
Latest Information Update: 08 Jun 2008
At a glance
- Originator Sunesis Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein-tyrosine-phosphatase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 03 Jun 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 04 May 2007 No development reported - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 06 May 2003 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)