DasantafilAlternative Names: SCH 446132
Latest Information Update: 24 Nov 2009
At a glance
- Originator Schering-Plough
- Class Erectile dysfunction therapies; Purines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type 5 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Erectile dysfunction
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 2008 Dasantafil is still in Phase-II trials for Erectile dysfunction in Europe
- 11 Dec 2004 Phase-II clinical trials in Erectile dysfunction in Europe (PO)
- 11 May 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Erectile dysfunction in Europe (PO)