R 1518Alternative Names: R-1518
Latest Information Update: 19 Jun 2007
At a glance
- Originator Roche; Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
- Class Antivirals; Monosaccharides; Nucleosides; Triazoles
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 14 Nov 2003 ICN Pharmaceuticals is now called Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
- 16 Jun 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Hepatitis C treatment in USA (unspecified route)