Research programme: glutamate carboxypeptidase II inhibitors - Eisai
Latest Information Update: 28 Sep 2012
At a glance
- Originator Johns Hopkins Brain Science Institute; MGI GP
- Developer Eisai Co Ltd; Johns Hopkins Brain Science Institute
- Class Eye disorder therapies; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate carboxypeptidase II inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Eye disorders; Pain
- Research Neurological disorders