Hepatic fibrosis therapy - Hawaii BiotechAlternative Names: Heptax
Latest Information Update: 16 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Hawaii Biotech
- Class Carotenoids
- Mechanism of Action Oxygen radical scavengers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 10 May 2006 Hawaii Biotech has been acquired by Avantogen
- 20 Jun 2003 Preclinical trials in Hepatic fibrosis in USA (unspecified route)