OxeglitazarAlternative Names: EMD 336340; LM 4156
Latest Information Update: 07 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator Merck Sante
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Antihyperlipidaemics; Benzoxepins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Gout; Metabolic syndrome; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 13 Dec 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Gout in France (PO)
- 13 Dec 2005 Data presented at the 69th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology and the 40th Annual Meeting of the Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ACR/ARHP-2005) have been added to the Rheumatic disease pharmacodynamics section
- 29 Aug 2003 Data presented at the 18th Congress of the International Diabetes Federation (IDF-2003) have been added to the Diabetes pharmacodynamics , pharmacokinetics and drug interactions sections