Latest Information Update: 31 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Toa Eiyo
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jun 2004 Data presented at the 64th Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA-2004) have been added to the Diabetes pharmacodynamics section
- 31 Oct 2003 TY 51501 is available for licensing (http://www.toaeiyo.co.jp)
- 27 Jun 2003 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (PO)