Research programme: antifungals - Basilea
Latest Information Update: 16 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Basilea Pharmaceutica
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors; DNA synthesis inhibitors; Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Mycoses
Most Recent Events
- 16 Mar 2009 Preclinical development is ongoing in Switzerland
- 12 Feb 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 01 Jul 2003 Preclinical trials in Mycoses in Switzerland (unspecified route)