SARS virus hyperimmune globulin - CangeneAlternative Names: Coronavirus virus hyperimmune globulin - Cangene
Latest Information Update: 28 Feb 2014
At a glance
- Originator Cangene Corporation
- Class Immunoglobulins
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Coronavirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 21 Feb 2014 Emergent BioSolutions acquires Cangene Corporation
- 19 Jun 2007 This programme is still active, although the future need of a SARS immune globulin is unknown
- 20 Oct 2003 Cangene has entered into a research and development agreement with the NIAID to develop a hyperimmune for the potential treatment of SARS