Research programme: neurokinin receptor antagonists - sanofi-aventis
Latest Information Update: 29 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Neurokinin 2 antagonists; Neurokinin 3 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Irritable bowel syndrome; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 08 Mar 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing for depression, irritable bowel syndrome, schizophrenia and anxiety
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 08 Jul 2003 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in France (unspecified route)