Research programme: FAAH inhibitors - sanofi-aventis
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Cannabinoids
- Mechanism of Action Fatty acid amide hydrolase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Anxiety disorders; Major depressive disorder; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 09 Jul 2003 Preclinical trials in Anxiety disorders in France (unspecified route)
- 09 Jul 2003 Preclinical trials in Depression in France (unspecified route)