Research programme: anti-infectives - Echelon BiosciencesAlternative Names: Anti-infectives research programme - Echelon Biosciences; Antituberculars research programme - Echelon Biosciences
Latest Information Update: 11 Sep 2009
At a glance
- Originator Echelon Biosciences
- Mechanism of Action Enzyme inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jan 2005 Echelon Biosciences has been acquired by AEterna Zentaris
- 09 Jul 2003 Preclinical trials in Tuberculosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 09 Jul 2003 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)