QC-BT16Alternative Names: BT 16; SK 0412
Latest Information Update: 21 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Obesity therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cytoplasmic and nuclear receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia; Metabolic syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Phase-I for Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (unspecified route)
- 15 Mar 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (unspecified route)
- 10 Feb 2005 QC-BT16 is available for licensing in Europe and the US (http://www.quarkbiotech.com)