Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Applied Molecular Evolution
- Class Antirheumatics; Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Tumour necrosis factor alpha inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 24 Nov 2005 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (unspecified route)
- 24 Nov 2005 Data presented at the 69th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology and the 40th Annual Meeting of the Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ACR/ARHP-2005) have been added to the adverse events and Rheumatic disease pharmacodynamics sections
- 16 Feb 2004 Applied Molecular Evolution has been acquired by Eli Lilly