Research programme: recombinant bioheparin - Biotie TherapiesAlternative Names: BioHeparin
Latest Information Update: 20 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Biotie Therapies Corp.
- Class Heparins; Recombinant proteins
- Mechanism of Action Factor Xa inhibitors; Thrombin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Thrombosis in Finland (unspecified route)
- 01 Nov 2006 This compound is still in active development
- 19 Oct 2005 Biotie and sanofi-aventis have agreed not to renew the option agreement for this programme