Research programme: Pin1 inhibitors - VernalisAlternative Names: VER-158197
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Vernalis
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cyclin D1 inhibitors; Pin1 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Cancer in USA
- 31 Mar 2005 Vernalis has acquired from Pintex Pharmaceuticals the intellectual property rights, know-how and associated assets related to Pin1 as a cancer target
- 28 Jul 2003 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)