Research programme: Alzheimer's disease therapies - IcogenexAlternative Names: EPα; EPβ
Latest Information Update: 10 Oct 2012
At a glance
- Originator Icogenex Corporation
- Class Peptides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein precursor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 10 Oct 2012 Early research in Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Feb 2004 Icogen Corporation is now called Icogenex Corporation
- 29 Jul 2003 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)