Research programme: melanocortin type 4 receptor agonists - GlaxoSmithKlineAlternative Names: GSK 0052; GSK 171B
Latest Information Update: 06 Jan 2009
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline; Novartis
- Class Azepines; Guanidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Melanocortin type 4 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 20 Apr 2006 Chiron Corporation has been acquired and merged into Novartis
- 08 Jan 2003 Preclinical trials in Obesity in USA (unspecified route)