Diclofenac transdermal - OPTIMEAlternative Names: LEDA; Liposome Encapsulated Diclofenac Analgesic
Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator OPTIME Therapeutics
- Class Antipyretics; Antirheumatics; Non-opioid analgesics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Phenylacetates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Arachidonic acid inhibitors; Cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Osteoarthritis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2002 Phase-II clinical trials in Osteoarthritis in USA (Transdermal)