Research programme: DMT1 inhibitors - Xenon PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Iron 1; XEN600; XEN600 series
Latest Information Update: 02 Jun 2010
At a glance
- Originator Xenon Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action SLC11A2 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Iron overload
Most Recent Events
- 02 Jun 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in Canada
- 20 Sep 2005 This programme is still in active development - BIO 2005: Annual International Convention (BIO-2005)
- 29 Jun 2004 Xenon Genetics is now called Xenon Pharmaceuticals