Research programme: alpha 2 beta 1 integrin antagonists - Acorda Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 02 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Biotie Therapies Corp.
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha2beta1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Inflammation; Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 07 Jan 2008 Biotie Therapies receives grant from Tekes for α2β1 integrin antagonist development in thrombosis
- 01 Nov 2006 This programme is still in active development
- 22 Jun 2005 This programme is still in active development - (BIO-2005)