Research programme: antiviral therapeutics - SIGAAlternative Names: ST-148; ST-193; ST-294; ST-383; ST-610; ST-669
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2014
At a glance
- Originator SIGA Technologies
- Class Benzimidazoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Virus internalisation inhibitors; Virus replication inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Bunyavirus infections; Dengue; Ebola virus infections; Junin virus infections; Lassa fever; Marburg virus disease; Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 24 Aug 2011 SIGA technologies receives grant from National Institutes of Health (NIH) for antiviral drug development in Lassa fever and other haemorrhagic fevers of Arenavirus origin
- 25 Feb 2010 Preclinical trials in Viral infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 25 Feb 2010 SIGA Technologies receives funding from the US Department of Defense for ST 669 development in Viral infections