Research programme: antibacterials - Kosan BioscienceAlternative Names: KOS-1835; Macrolide antibacterials - Kosan Bioscience
Latest Information Update: 13 Nov 2007
At a glance
- Originator Kosan Biosciences
- Class Ketolides; Macrolides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 13 Nov 2007 KOS 1835 is available for partnering (http://www.kosan.com)
- 14 Aug 2003 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)