IFN a-polymer complexAlternative Names: polyActive™- IFN-a; sustained release IFN-a
Latest Information Update: 14 May 2008
At a glance
- Originator OctoPlus
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Interferons
- Mechanism of Action Interferon alpha stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 14 May 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Cancer in Netherlands (unspecified route)
- 29 Oct 2007 IsoTis OrthoBiologics has been acquired by Integra LifeSciences
- 01 May 2007 OctoPlus acquires full rights to the PolyActive™ technology from IsoTis