Research programme: nitric oxide-donating therapeutics - NicOx/Merck
Latest Information Update: 17 Sep 2010
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co; NicOx
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cardiovascular disorders; Unspecified
- Discontinued Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 15 Sep 2010 Preclinical trials in Cardiovascular disorders in USA (PO)
- 15 Sep 2010 Discontinued - Phase-I for Hypertension in USA (PO)
- 15 Sep 2010 Preclinical trials in Undefined indication in France (PO)