Research programme: photodynamic therapy - PhotopharmicaAlternative Names: PPA 605; PPA 898; PPA XXX; PPA YYY; PPA ZZZ
Latest Information Update: 20 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator Photopharmica
- Class Phthalocyanines
- Mechanism of Action Photosensitisers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bacterial infections; Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 20 Mar 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 21 Aug 2003 Preclinical trials in Cancer in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 21 Aug 2003 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in United Kingdom (Topical)