Latest Information Update: 18 Jul 2007
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Mechanism of Action CD26 antigen inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jul 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in France (unspecified route)
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 08 Sep 2003 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in France (unspecified route)