West Nile virus immune globulin - Acambis/CangeneAlternative Names: West Nile Immune Globulin
Latest Information Update: 17 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Acambis; Cangene Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued West Nile virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Jun 2007 This programme remains on Cangene's pipeline but is a low priority.
- 19 May 2004 Suspended - Preclinical for West Nile virus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 19 May 2004 Suspended - Preclinical for West Nile virus infections in Canada (unspecified route)