Research programme: telomerase inhibitors - AntisomaAlternative Names: AS 1410; BRACO 19; Telomere targeting agents
Latest Information Update: 15 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Cancer Research UK
- Developer Antisoma; Cancer Research UK
- Mechanism of Action Telomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 09 Dec 2005 Antisoma has decided not to advance AS 1410 to clinical development due to unacceptable toxicity
- 03 Jun 2005 Antisoma has signed an agreement with Heraeus so that the latter company will provide supplies of AS 1410 for clinical trials
- 05 May 2005 Data presented at the 96th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2005) have been added to the Cancer pharmacodynamics section ,