Research programme: oxazolidinone antibacterials - OrchidAlternative Names: OCID 0050; OCID0619; Oxazolidinone antibacterials research programme - Orchid
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
- Class Oxazolidinones
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Bacterial-infections in India
- 19 Sep 2011 Preclinical antimicrobial data presented at the 51st Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2011)
- 31 Dec 2004 Preclinical antimicrobial data presented at the 44th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2004) ,