Research programme: fluoroquinolones - KyorinAlternative Names: AM-1939; AM-1954; Compound 21
Latest Information Update: 09 Jul 2008
At a glance
- Originator Kyorin Pharmaceutical
- Class Fluoroquinolones
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jul 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 03 Oct 2007 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 20 Sep 2007 Data presented at the 47th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapeutics (ICAAC-2007) added to the Bacterial Infections antimicrobial activity and pharmacodynamics sections