At a glance
- Originator Daiichi Sankyo Company
- Class Pyrrolidines; Quinolones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase inhibitors; DNA topoisomerase IV inhibitors; Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections; Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 12 Apr 2006 This compound is still in active development in Japan
- 03 Apr 2006 Daiichi Pharmaceutical has merged with Sankyo to form Daiichi Sankyo Inc
- 02 Feb 2006 Preclinical trials in Tuberculosis in Japan (unspecified route)