Research programme: kinase-directed anti-HIV agents - GPC Biotech/Galapagos
Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator Galapagos NV; GPC Biotech AG
- Mechanism of Action Phosphotransferase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 04 Nov 2005 BioFocus has been acquired and merged into Galapagos NV
- 02 Mar 2005 Axxima Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into GPC Biotech AG
- 22 Jul 2002 Preclinical trials in HIV infections treatment in Germany (unspecified route)