BlockAide/VPAlternative Names: BlockAide/VP
Latest Information Update: 30 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator National Institutes of Health (USA); University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Mechanism of Action HIV fusion inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jan 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 Oct 2003 Preclinical trials in HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)