Research programme: lipid disorder therapeutics - AstraZenecaAlternative Names: AZD 5861; AZD 8450
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2007
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Dipeptides
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol absorption inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Lipid metabolism disorders
Most Recent Events
- 20 Feb 2007 This programme is still in active development
- 20 Jun 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 08 Oct 2003 Preclinical trials in Lipid metabolism disorders (unspecified route)