Research programme: CNS and metabolic disorders therapeutics - BioFocus/BiovitrumAlternative Names: GPCR modulators - BioFocus/Biovitrum; Serotonin 2a receptor antagonists - BioFocus/Biovitrum
Latest Information Update: 15 Apr 2014
At a glance
- Originator BioFocus DPI; Biovitrum
- Mechanism of Action G protein-coupled receptor modulators; Serotonin 2A receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued CNS disorders; Major depressive disorder; Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 31 Mar 2014 BioFocus DPI has been acquired by Charles River Laboratories
- 29 Jul 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Depression in Europe (unspecified route)
- 29 Jul 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for CNS disorders in Europe (unspecified route)