Research programme: amyloid-beta inhibitors - Eisai/TorreyPines TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Amyloid-beta42 modulators; Aβ42 modulators; NGX-96992; Series 591 compounds
Latest Information Update: 22 Oct 2008
At a glance
- Originator TorreyPines Therapeutics Inc
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 22 Oct 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (PO)
- 04 Oct 2006 TorreyPines Therapeutics has merged with Axonyx to from TorreyPines Therapeutics, Inc.
- 08 Dec 2005 Data presented at the 35th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN-2005) have been added to the Alzheimer's disease and cognition disorders pharmacodynamics section