Latest Information Update: 22 Oct 2004
At a glance
- Originator ALZA Corporation
- Class General anaesthetics; Opioid analgesics; Piperidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Opioid mu receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 22 Oct 2004 Discontinued - Phase-III for Pain in USA (Transdermal)
- 17 Oct 2003 Phase-III clinical trials in Pain in USA (unspecified route)