Research programme: antivirals - Biota/NIAID/USAMRIID
Latest Information Update: 29 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator Biota Holdings
- Developer Biota Holdings; National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases; United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases
- Mechanism of Action Virus replication inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Coronavirus infections; Smallpox
Most Recent Events
- 20 Oct 2003 Preclinical trials in Smallpox in Australia (unspecified route)
- 20 Oct 2003 Preclinical trials in Coronavirus infections in Australia (unspecified route)
- 20 Oct 2003 Preclinical trials in Smallpox in USA (unspecified route)