Coronavirus vaccine - Sanofi pasteur/NIAID
Latest Information Update: 17 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator sanofi pasteur
- Class Viral vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Coronavirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jan 2005 Aventis Pasteur is now called sanofi pasteur
- 27 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form sanofi-aventis
- 20 Oct 2003 Preclinical trials in Coronavirus infections in France (unspecified route)