Ciprofloxacin controlled release - LabopharmAlternative Names: Ciprofloxacin implant - Labopharm; Controlled-release ciprofloxacin implant - Labopharm
Latest Information Update: 28 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Labopharm
- Class Antibacterials; Cyclopropanes; Fluoroquinolones; Piperazines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bone and joint infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Oct 2003 Preclinical trials in Bone and joint infections in Canada (Parenteral)
- 30 Oct 2003 Labopharm's controlled-release ciprofloxacin implant is available for licensing (http://labopharm.com)