Research programme: neurological disorder therapies - NPSAlternative Names: CSC 500; CSC 500-204; NPS 156; NPS 1897; NPSP 156
Latest Information Update: 24 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator NPS Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Glycine NMDA-associated agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued CNS disorders; Epilepsy; Neuropathic pain; Schizophrenia
Most Recent Events
- 16 Oct 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 08 Nov 2006 Preclinical trials in Neuropathic pain in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 Oct 2003 Preclinical trials in CNS disorders in USA (unspecified route)