At a glance
- Originator Panacea Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antidementias; Cytoprotectives; Neuroprotectants; Pyridines; Small molecules; Thiosemicarbazones
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants; Chelating agents; Ribonucleotide reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 07 Nov 2007 Pharmacodynamics data presented at the 37th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN-2007) ,
- 21 Jul 2006 Data presented at the 10th International conference on Alzeimer's Disease and Related Disorders (ICAD-2006) have been added to the Alzheimer's disease pharmacodynamics section
- 09 Dec 2005 Data presented at the 35th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN-2005) have been added to the Alzheimer's Disease and cognition disorders pharmacodynamics section