Research programme: osteoporosis therapy - Tanox/ WyethAlternative Names: Anti secreted apoptosis-related protein 2 monoclonal antibody; Anti-SARP2 humanised monoclonal antibody; Humanised anti-SARP2 monoclonal antibody; TNX-717
Latest Information Update: 12 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Tanox; Wyeth
- Class Monoclonal antibodies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis inhibitors; Osteoblast stimulants; Osteogenesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Fracture; Osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 03 Aug 2007 Tanox has been acquired by Genentech
- 04 May 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 12 Jan 2005 Preclinical trials in Fracture treatment in USA (Parenteral)