Research programme: tumour maintenance gene antagonists - AVEO/Merck
Latest Information Update: 13 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator AVEO Pharmaceuticals; Merck & Co
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 10 Aug 2007 AVEON Pharmaceuticals has successfully completed its multi-year collaborative agreement with Merck & Co
- 03 Mar 2005 GenPath Pharmaceuticals is now called AVEO Pharmaceuticals
- 17 Nov 2003 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)