CAT 5001Alternative Names: Anti-Mesothelin Immunotoxin; CAT-5001; SS 1P; SS1(dsFv)-PE38
Latest Information Update: 17 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator National Institutes of Health (USA)
- Class Antineoplastics; Immunotoxins
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Mesothelioma; Ovarian cancer; Pancreatic cancer
Most Recent Events
- 29 Oct 2007 Cambridge Antibody Technology has been acquired and merged into MedImmune
- 27 Jul 2006 CAT 5001 has been licensed to Cambridge Antibody Technology worldwide
- 30 Jun 2006 Cambridge Antibody Technology has been acquired by AstraZeneca.