NVP AEW 541Alternative Names: AEW-541; NVP-AEW-541
Latest Information Update: 11 Aug 2011
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antineoplastics; Pyrimidines; Pyrroles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Insulin-like growth factor I inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Haematological malignancies; Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 11 Aug 2011 No development reported - Phase-I for Solid tumours in USA (PO)
- 11 Aug 2011 No development reported - Phase-I for Haematological malignancies in USA (PO)
- 24 Oct 2008 Phase-I clinical trials in Solid tumours in USA (PO)