Research programme: Proto oncogene proteins c-akt inhibitors - ProlXAlternative Names: Protein kinase B inhibitors - ProlX; PX-316
Latest Information Update: 08 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator ProlX Pharmaceuticals
- Class Sugar alcohols
- Mechanism of Action Proto oncogene protein c-akt inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Brain cancer
Most Recent Events
- 31 Oct 2006 ProlX Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Biomira
- 02 Aug 2006 This programme is still in active development
- 28 Nov 2003 Preclinical trials in Brain cancer in USA (unspecified route)